Ibraheem bin Adham (rahimahullah) was once asked; “Allah says in the Qur’aan: أدعوني أستجب لكم
“…Make dua and I will answer it”.
Why is it that we make dua and it is not accepted.” He replied:“There are five reasons why duas are not accepted.”
1. You have recognised Allah yet you do not fulfill His rights.
2. You read the Qur’aan yet you never practice on it.
3. You claim to love Rasoolullah (Sallallahu wa Sallam) yet you never follow his sunnah.
4. You curse Iblees yet you obey him.
5. You close your eyes to your own faults yet you search for the faults of others.