Darul Uloom Newcastle fire

darul-uloom-fire

A fire broke out today from the top floor of one of the Darul Uloom’s buildings, better know as “Cook-Saheb’s Room” by the students. The whole building was completely engulfed in flames leaving nothing but burnt walls. Alhamdulillah no one was injured. Reports say that the fire started at 17:30 and continued until 18:30. There are no reports as yet as to how the fire actually started. One thing for sure is all that is left are the memories that students have of buying food from Cook Saheb “Cooksub” and “chilling” in the eating room.

There were many students and local residents who came to the firefighters aid and great admiration has to be given to all of them for their bravery in trying to save the building and its contents.

We will post updates and more photos as they become available.

Click here for more pics.
Please send us photos of this disaster if you have.

Update 1: More photos added – courtesy Dawood Jacobs
Update 2: Exclusive photos added

Check Also

Syria Stationery Drive radio interviews

Listen to the radio interviews with Muallimah Sa’uda on the Syria Stationery Drive. Voice of …

Snow in Syria

Storm “Alexa”, the worst storm to hit the Middle East in decades began on Wednesday, …

5 comments
imam saheb
imam saheb

why does the darul uloom keep the services of a wife beating moulana from india??????? he goes by the ************* (name removed)

zakiyyah
zakiyyah

allahu akbar!!!!!!!! may allah make it easy 4 da students

Muallim Rashaad Sallie
Muallim Rashaad Sallie

Alhamdulillah, yes no-one was harmed. The floors and roof was all wooden - suppose that's why the flames were so difficult to put out.

junaid adam
junaid adam

al hamdolillah no one was harmed.maybe its time to rebuild.the buildings are very old,lots of solid wood on floors and ceilings.